Search This Blog

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Year-end mix 2011

[2011 mix from someone whose taste I really love and respect. -egg]

Year-end mix 2011:

Well, you probably thought I was never coming back, eh?


For awhile, I thought maybe I wouldn’t have the time to either, but then I told myself I’d set a hard limit on the amount of time I could spend working on a mix and end up finishing it in half that time. Working through the transitions in my head prior to sitting down at the computer helped a bit, and while it isn’t nearly as involved as the 2009 mix that I did, I feel pretty happy with how it turned out.


The artwork is at right, and you can download it by clicking on the artwork or this link right here.


Names of artists involved is on the artwork itself, but here’s the full tracklisting. It runs just over an hour, for those keeping track at home.



  • 00:00 | Colin Stetson – “A Dream Of Water” (from New History of Warfare Vol. 2: Judges)

  • 03:04 | Bill Callahan – “America!” (from Apocalypse)

  • 08:28 | The Drums – “Days” (from Portamento)

  • 12:53 | Panda Bear – “You Can Count On Me” (from Tomboy)

  • 15:20 | Sandro Perri – “Love & Light” (from Impossible Spaces)

  • 18:55 | Rustie – “Surph” (from Glass Swords)

  • 22:55 | Battles – “Wall Street” (from Gloss Drop)

  • 27:35 | Sepalcure – “Eternally Yrs” (from Sepalcure)

  • 32:20 | The Weeknd – “Initiation” (from Echoes of Silence)

  • 36:24 | Machinedrum – “U Don’t Survive” (from Room(s))

  • 41:00 | Robag Wruhme – “Pnom Gobal” (from Thora Vukk)

  • 46:15 | Andy Stott – “Posers” (from We Stay Together)

  • 50:52 | Tim Hecker – “In The Fog III” (from Ravedeath, 1972)

  • 54:52 | Leyland Kirby – “They Are All Dead, There Are No Skip At All” (from Eager to Tear Apart The Stars)


Now, I just need to get motivated to post some sort of year-end list in the next couple weeks. All of the artists featured above are on it (as well as some others). There’s a hint, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment