Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

On New Years Eve 2011 I was in Geelong at a restaurant, 800km...

[It's kind of a rough time to be a teenager. -egg]

Sent to you via Google Reader

On New Years Eve 2011 I was in Geelong at a restaurant, 800km...




On New Years Eve 2011 I was in Geelong at a restaurant, 800km from my home in Adelaide. This year I happened to be away from my children, who were staying elsewhere in Adelaide while I was interstate. My home was supposedly vacant. However I knew it was very hot in Adelaide that day (40C) and I wondered if this would affect my power consumption, for example an increased duty cycle on the fridge. I am just that sort of power-geek.


So I checked my Fluksometer via my 3G android phone. I was surprised to see 1000W being used since 1pm – about what my Air-con uses. I also noticed that around 7pm the power jumped by a few 100W, just like the lights had gone on, or perhaps the TV.


Looked like some one was in my home. On New Years Eve. Hmmmmmm.



Busting Teenage Partying with a Fluksometer « Rowetel)

No comments:

Post a Comment