Search This Blog

Friday, November 16, 2012

The Flawed Symmetry of Prediction: A Time-Lapse of Optical Illusions in the American West

The Flawed Symmetry of Prediction: A Time-Lapse of Optical Illusions in the American West:
The Flawed Symmetry of Prediction: A Time Lapse of Optical Illusions in the American West video art timelapse optical illusion
The Flawed Symmetry of Prediction: A Time Lapse of Optical Illusions in the American West video art timelapse optical illusion
The Flawed Symmetry of Prediction: A Time Lapse of Optical Illusions in the American West video art timelapse optical illusion
Flawed Symmetry of Prediction is an outstanding short film by filmmaker Jeff Frost that defies categorization as it ventures into time lapse, street art, and even optical illusion. Via email Jeff tells me:
I roam the deserts of California and Utah looking for abandoned structures. When I find a room that I like, I paint large scale optical illusions on the inside of it. I record this process with time lapse photography. It took me over half a year and more than 40,000 high resolution still images to produce this film on my Canon 60D. Aside from painting supplies, the only other equipment I used was a borrowed tripod, and some pretty unconventional lighting. As post production goes, no graphics or CGI was used whatsoever.
The visuals are absolutely brilliant and the sound design is top notch as well. (via laughing squid)

No comments:

Post a Comment