Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

“On school-day mornings, I walk my grade-school-age son...


Sent to you via Google Reader

"On school-day mornings, I walk my grade-school-age son...



"On school-day mornings, I walk my grade-school-age son 400 meters down the hill to the bus stop. Last winter, I fantasized about sitting at my computer while a camera-equipped drone followed him overhead.
 So this year, I set out to build one. For the basic airframe, I selected a quadcopter design for its maneuverability and ability to hover. Construction was straightforward: You can buy a quadcopter kit with all the pieces or, as I did, get parts separately and spend more time on system integration."


The DIY Kid-tracking Drone - IEEE Spectrum, via @justinpickard

No comments:

Post a Comment