Search This Blog

Saturday, February 9, 2013

"What if we could receive real-time feedback on our social interactions? Would unbiased third party..."

"What if we could receive real-time feedback on our social interactions? Would unbiased third party...": “What if we could receive real-time feedback on our social interactions? Would unbiased third party monitors be better suited to interpret situations and make decisions for the parties involved? How might augmenting our experience help us become more aware in our relationships, shift us out of normal patterns, and open us to unexpected possibilities? I am developing a system like this for myself using Amazon Mechanical Turk. During a series of dates with new people I meet on the internet, I will stream the interaction to the web using an iPhone app. Turk workers will be paid to watch the stream, interpret what is happening, and offer feedback as to what I should do or say next. This feedback will be communicated to me via text message.”

- social turkers, project by Lauren McCarthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment