Search This Blog

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Original content here?

So far, this blog has only existed as a place to paste interesting things that I find around the web. Personal updates have mostly been on facebook. But I'm increasingly unhappy with facebook. What I really want is a fully open-source alternative. But boy, have there been a lot of false starts there (notably Diaspora*). I'm half-considering making this blog (or perhaps a self-hosted wordpress blog) be the primary place I put original content, even tiny snippets. I've got an IFTT recipe set up to automatically move stuff from this blog to FB. The huge downside, of course, is that 99% of comments are on FB, and there's not a way to push those back to here in any permanent way. Dunno. Mulling it over.

No comments:

Post a Comment